We encourage high levels of parental and community involvement at Greystone Centennial Middle School. If you are interested in new friends, new skills, the joy of serving others, and an opportunity to learn more about the school and community, please consider joining our team!
The goals of our volunteer program:
- To enlist and strengthen the involvement of parents in the education of their children.
- To provide volunteer help to staff to better meet the needs of students.
- To develop an environment that promotes friendly two-way communication between home and school.
Some of the ways our parents can get involved:
- Attend monthly School Council meetings
- Support our parent fundraising committee – The Friends of Greystone Society (FOGS)
- Assist with fieldtrips or special school activities
- Assist with clubs, or coaching teams
- Assist with the hot lunch program
- Support classroom teachers with specific programs and classroom activities
- Assist with the School Book Fair
Please contact the school office or your child’s classroom teacher if you would like to volunteer.
How to Become a Volunteer
As part of Parkland School Division Administrative Procedure 316, all volunteers are required to:
- Complete a Volunteer Registration Form
- Provide a Criminal Records Check
- Provide a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Sign a Confidentiality Agreement
Please review the Division Administrative Procedures regarding volunteers.
- AP 316: Volunteer Requirements and Vulnerable Sector Verification
- AP 318: Volunteer Community Coaches
For more information contact:
Greystone Centennial Middle School